The school staff, alongside the Swan Trust and Local Authority, firmly believe that all pupils benefit from regular school attendance. We endeavour to provide a school day which allows children to take risks, challenge thinking and ask questions about the world around them. We aim for all individuals to build the foundations of a lifelong learner and to always have high expectations of themselves.
We aim for all pupils within our school setting to achieve maximum attendance and school staff work closely with families to identify any barriers that may prevent this. We always act promptly and swiftly to ensure that these barriers are overcome with the best outcome for the pupil.
Regular attendance is key to achieving the best outcomes for pupils. Research clearly demonstrates the link between regular attendance and educational progress and attainment. As a school, we will encourage parents to ensure that their children achieve maximum possible attendance and that any problems that prevent this are identified and acted on promptly.
We are committed to meeting our obligation with regards to school attendance through our whole school culture and ethos that values good attendance, including:
- Promoting good attendance
- Every child has access to full time education in which they are entitled to
- Reducing absences, including persistent and severe absence
- Acting early to address patterns of absence
- Building strong relationships with families to ensure pupils have the support in place to attend school.