Enquiry & Investigation Based Learning
Our curriculum is underpinned by theory relating to the enquiry-based learning approach.
The Enquiry based learning approach enables children to:
- Develop their thinking, questioning, research and communication skills.
- Develop their social skills through collaborating together.
- Solve problems, create solutions and tackle real-life questions and issues.
- Make connections through exploration high level questioning, supporting children to transfer learning into long term memory.
- Engage in experimental learning.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the content.
- Take ownership of their own learning and develop an understanding of the learning process.
- Develop skills for life.
Developing the whole child is a key driver in our curriculum design. Our Enquiry and Investigation approach enables all children to develop not only the knowledge and skills in all subject areas but also essential life skills.