At The Horsell Village School, Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Relationships, Sex Education (RSE) is at the heart of our curriculum. It enables our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society- providing them with lifelong transferable skills.
The core skills we focus on are:
- Self- management
- Social awareness
- Relationship skills
- Responsible decision making.
Our curriculum is designed to:
- Support our pupils in the development of their emotional literacy skills and social skills, to be aware of their own thoughts and feelings as they happen and to develop a range of strategies to help them manage them.
- Mindfulness- tools for life, regulating emotions, building emotional resilience's whilst enhancing their ability to concentrate and focus.
- Celebrate differences, develop mutual respect and acceptance.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to manage opportunities, challenges and responsibilities they face as they grow up – developing transferrable skills.
- Develop an understanding of how to stay safe, healthy, develop self-esteem, resilience and empathy.
- Support in the removal of barriers to learning and to raise aspirations.
- Develop an understanding of what a positive, healthy, caring relationship looks and feels like, how to make and maintain a positive relationship and how to speak up and get help when a relationship doesn’t feel healthy / positive or safe- including internet safety and online relationships.