Learning at The Horsell Village School doesn’t just take place within the school building. Each day, every child from Reception to Year 2 spends time learning outside.
Learning outside the classroom has many benefits, these include:
- Providing opportunities for children to make sense of the world around them by putting their learning into meaningful contexts.
- Improved communication skills
- Greater independence
- Improved health and sleep
- Greater physical competence and agility
- Improved focus and concentration
- Improved social skills
- A greater understanding nature and the environment
We believe that every child should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development. From our Forest School Area, garden area, mud kitchen, construction area, trim trails and art chalk boards our outside environment is designed to provide children with a variety of opportunities to apply their learning in different contexts. Learning outdoors is
Alongside our outside areas we are fortunate to have amazing outdoor spaces on our doorstep, including the local high street, local woodland gardens, Horsell Common and the Basingstoke Canal.
Learning outdoors is enjoyable, creative, challenging and adventurous and helps children to learn by experience and grow as confident and responsible citizens who value and appreciate the natural environment.